Why KnuckleUp Muay Thai
The art of Muay Thai is a great workout, a thrilling sport and an extremely applicable self defense technique all rolled into one. For those that aren’t familiar with this ancient combat sport, it originated in Thailand. Glorified in many action movies for its devastating power, Thai Boxing incorporates striking with the fists, elbows, knees and feet. Like most competitive full contact fighting sports, Muay Thai has a heavy focus on body conditioning. Thai pad training is a cornerstone of Muay Thai conditioning which involves practicing punches, kicks, knees, and elbow strikes with a trainer wearing thick pads which cover the forearms and hands.
Muay Thai training is often part of a fighter’s overall mixed martial arts training because of the striking elements that you learn with this martial arts technique. Even if you are not looking to become a professional fighter, Muay Thai is a great workout and extremely applicable to effective self defense.
Muay Thai Class Format
Our Muay Thai classes will teach you:
- How to incorporate strikes with fists, elbows, knees, and feet
- The ability to execute strikes using eight “points of contact”
- Learn to execute and incorporate the “clinch”
- Basics of scoring points in a Muay Thai fight
- Total body conditioning with weight training, resistance exercises, rope jumping, etc.